Activities at Kasiisi
The Kasiisi Guesthouse allows you to take a closer look at Uganda. We’re passionate about the conservation of Uganda’s natural environment and the local community, so we give you the opportunity to experience both.
We are set within the heart of the community in the picturesque Fort Portal region of Uganda where there is an abundance of tourist and local activities for you to get involved with. In addition we provide opportunities for you to participate in active conservation projects.
There are plenty of natural attractions for you to experience in Western Uganda and we can help you make the most of your trip.
- Chimpanzee Trekking in nearby Kibale National Park
- Big Game Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Birdwatching in Semliki National Park
- Hiking around the spectacular Crater Lake area
- Great restaurants and nightlife in Fort Portal, a short drive away
At the same time we give you the chance to get involved in the local community. Our location, in the grounds of Kasiisi Primary School, gives you the opportunity to be a part of the school.
- Engage with the children by taking a reading class with them
- Participate in renovation projects of the school buildings
- Join the Wildlife Clubs to build beehives, plant trees, or go birding
Engage with the Community
- Collect eggs, tend to bees, harvest food, and feed the pigs at our local Community Farm
- Gain an insight into the traditional Ugandan way of life by taking a tour of Kasiisi Village or participating in a basket weaving lesson
- Prepare and try traditional Ugandan food
- Learn about local medicinal plants
- Tour of the local tea plantations in the area, so you can understand how the tea you drink is made
- Learn about the use of bees as elephant deterrents and visit local beehive fences
Please get in contact for prices and more information about how we can help you get the most out of your stay.